This episode of Hearing God expands upon the various ways God communicates with us, as explained in Episode 4. Gary & Jane unpack this topic, encouraging you to read the Bible and never underestimate God and what He can and will do. They share numerous Bible stories and practical examples of how God has supernaturally communicated with them.
First Principle: There are no formulas with God.
- When we think we have worked out God, He smashes all formulas.
- God prioritises relationship with us over rules.
- Don’t disregard God communicating with you if it’s not the usual way you receive from God.
Second Principle: Various ways God can communicate with us.
- Remember – God is outside of time, what we can think etc, so if God wants to do something new, He will.
- The Bible
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – all Scripture is God-inspired
- Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path.
- Hebrews 4:12 The word of God is alive and active.
- Romans 15:4 – Bible written to teach us, encourage us and give us hope.
- Sounds like a prophetic word from 1 Cor 14:3
- Supernatural manifestations
- Moses & burning bush Exodus 3:1-4
- Fleece – Judges 6:37-40 – Gideon didn’t trust God and still needed a fleece even after a powerful encounter with an angel.
- Soul blinded by a light flashed from heaven, then sight restored in Acts 9:1-19
- Balaam and the donkey in Numbers 22:1-35
- Daniel 5:5 fingers of a human hand appeared and wrote on the wall plaster.
- Acts 5:1-10 Ananias & Sapphira struck dead after lying.
- Often say to God, you have done it before, you can do it again.
- Character of God
- Co-incidences or God-incidences
- Dreams, visions, mystical sense eg angels
- Music and lyrics
- Signs, numbers, colours
- Supernatural manifestations of weather
- John 12:27-30 – God speaking to Jesus after Jesus was predicting his death. Some thought an angel had spoken from heaven; others heard thunder. What is your ear inclined to?
- John 14:12 – Whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing and even greater works than these.
- Other people
- Wise advice eg people or books
- Holy Spirit – John 14:26 – Jesus said the advocate would come and teach us all things.
- God can do and will do whatever He wants.
- Don’t underestimate God. Don’t box God in with your preconceived ideas.
- Be open to God speaking to you however He wishes.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God and ask Him –
- If I were a food, what would I be and why?
- What would I taste like, the colour, texture, smell, how you eat it, things it pairs with etc.
- Don’t forget to ask God why that particular food.
[2:18] – Gary & Jane share briefly how they have heard God this week.
[4:30] – First Principle – there are no formulas with God.
[5:27] – Example of daughter hearing from God.
[6:46] – Gary shares what he would say to someone unsure if they heard God.
[7:53] – Second Principle – God speaks in various ways in the Bible.
[8:08] – How the Bible describes itself.
[9:06] – Bible stories of supernatural manifestations.
[10:17] – Encouragement from Jane to mature, grow up, and trust God.
[16:09] – Other ways God can speak.
[16:34] – Supernatural manifestations of weather.
[21:14] – Important Principles.
[21:41] – Prophetic activation.
[22:27] – Gary & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[24:32] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Episode 4 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-4-how-does-god-talk-to-us/
- Episode 10 – https://garyandjane.co/helping-our-kids-hear-from-god/
- Episode 13 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-13-recognising-how-god-speaks-to-us/
- Episode 15 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-15-does-god-think-im-worth-talking-to/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Judges 4:16-22
- 2 Timothy 3:16
- Psalm 119:105
- Hebrews 4:12
- Romans 15:4
- Psalm 32:8
- 1 Corinthians 14:3
- Exodus 3:1-4
- Exodus 14
- Judges 6:37-40
- Acts 9:1-19
- Numbers 22:1-35
- Joshua 10
- Acts 5:19
- Acts 12:3-19
- Daniel 5:5
- Acts 5:1-10
- John 12:27-30
- John 14:12
- John 14:26
Connect with Gary & Jane:
- Visit the Hearing God podcast website https://garyandjane.co
- Email email@example.com
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092429006234
- Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hearinggodpodcast/
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.