Have you ever wondered if God is speaking to you or if it’s just you? Have you ever been unsure of what God wants you to do? Do you want to hear God? In this episode of Hearing God, Gary & Jane share practical strategies and examples so you can recognise when God is speaking to you and create spaces to hear God more clearly and quickly. They also cover co-incidences, or as Jane says, ‘God-incidences’.
First Principle: Learn what God’s voice sounds like
- Episode 3 – covered what God’s voice sounds like.
- Read the Bible.
- Speaks life, brings hope, always loving and honouring.
- He may convict but never condemns.
- Always agrees with Scripture and the character of God.
- Sounds like the fruit of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23
- Affirms us in our identity, relationships, and purpose.
- Find a mentor. Buy a coffee and unpack, get feedback.
- Journal out your prayers and God’s response.
- Trigger point – every hour, stop and turn your heart/thoughts to God.
Second Principle: Ask God to reveal Himself to you.
- God speaks through the Bible, nature, music, others, signs, etc.
- Episode 3 – first thought principle.
- Episode 1 – God wants to be intimate with us. He desires a relationship with us.
- Jeremiah 33:3 “‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”
- God has so much He wants to share with us. Often we are not listening or aware.
- So much competing for our time, focus, and energy. Remove distractions.
- I think sometimes we are afraid of what we may hear.
- Show that you’re serious. Practice.
- Dreams – decrease if numbing senses (alcohol, sleeping tablets)
- Episode 1 – Habakkuk 2:1 He was eagerly expectant. He waited to hear God. He made the first move.
- Create a ‘thin’ place e.g. car, favourite chair,
- Find places that increase your reception of God – movement, water, nature, quiet,
Third Principle – Co-incidence or God-incident
- Notice co-incidences in life & ask God what it’s about. God loves questions.
- God is wisdom and truth. When hearing truth and wisdom from others, God may be using them to speak to you.
- Times when you feel a prompting or something doesn’t make sense, explore with God.
- If I wouldn’t usually think it, then who is thinking for me? Is Holy Spirit bringing it to my attention?
- Faith = risk. Courage to step out.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God and ask Him to remind you of when you were a child/younger and God was talking to you or communicating His love to you, but you didn’t recognise it. Flesh it out with Him asking further questions, what He would love you to know about that etc.
[0:41] – Gary & Jane share how they have heard God this week.
[3:05] – First Principle – learn what God’s voice sounds like.
[5:01] – Jane shares more practical steps to take.
[7:24] – Second Principle – ask God to reveal Himself to you.
[10:10] – Sometimes, we may be afraid of what we may hear, so we don’t listen.
[12:46] – Encouragement to create a ‘thin’ place with God.
[14:52] – Third Principle – co-incidences or God-incidents.
[20:39] – Notice the unusual or repeated incidents.
[22:24] – Prophetic activation.
[23:27] – Gary & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[26:09] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Episode 3: https://garyandjane.co/episode-3-what-does-gods-voice-sound-like/
- Episode 1: https://garyandjane.co/god-wants-to-communicate-with-us/
- Episode 7: https://garyandjane.co/episode-7-guidelines-for-prophesying/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Judges 4
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Habakkuk 2:1
- Matthew 2
- 1 Samuel 18-19
Connect with Gary & Jane:
- Visit the Hearing God podcast website https://garyandjane.co
- Email email@example.com
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092429006234
- Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hearinggodpodcast/
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.