A large percentage of our communication occurs without words—the same with dreams. Since our dreams are a personal communication from God, the symbols and their interpretation are often unique and personal. In dream interpretation, we need to be careful to chase the dream giver (God) and not the dream. This episode of ‘Hearing God through our Dreams’ is part 3 in a 3-part series on dreams and their interpretations and outlines a quick and easy method to enable you to unpack your dreams. Join Gary & Jane as they share examples from their dreams and the interpretations.
- Symbols in dreams.
- Symbols are often personal and unique in our dreams.
- Use of Dream Dictionaries.
- Chase the Dream Giver and not the dream.
- Meaning of symbols.
- Biblical meaning – rule of first mention.
- Personal understanding.
- Idioms, colloquial language, puns/play on words.
- What to do with your dream.
- Treat it like a prophetic word.
- Pray for wisdom and revelation.
- Unpack/interpret it.
- The Holy Spirit is our tutor. Have a dynamic conversation with God.
- Test it.
- Seek wise counsel.
- Keep the interpretation simple.
- Jane’s method – quick.
- Emotion on waking.
- Summarize the dream in 30 seconds.
- What is the main (primary) event, action, and focus?
- Main characters – at least 90% of the time, it is not about the person in the dream but what that person represents to you.
- Is there a situation in your life currently that fits with the above ie what else is happening in your life at the moment?
- Is the dream literal or parabolic/symbolic?
- List out the main 5-7 points/symbols from the dream.
- Have you had a similar dream before?
- Pull everything together to interpret it.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to confirm and seek wise counsel.
- Apply the outcome.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God and ask Him:
- Father God, can you please tell me more about my favourite (something that’s personal for you eg colour, number, object, jumper, etc)?
- Father God, can you please highlight something about it I have either forgotten or am not aware of?
[0:36] – Gary & Jane share briefly how they have heard God this week.
[3:28] – Use of symbols in our communication.
[3:47] – Intimacy with God is the goal.
[4:40] – Use of Dream Dictionaries.
[6:39] – Meaning of symbols in dreams.
[9:15] – What to do with your dream.
[9:39] – Chase the Dream Giver.
[12:41] – My method – quick
[13:52] – Dream Questions to help you unpack your dream.
[16:27] – Examples of dreams and their interpretation.
[19:13] – Prophetic activation.
[20:14] – Gary & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[21:40] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Website: https://garyandjane.co
- Episode 22 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-22-hearing-god-through-our-dreams-part-1/
- Episode 23 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-23-hearing-god-through-our-dreams-part-2/
- Dream Dictionary – “The Divinity Code to Understanding your Dreams and Visions” Adam F. Thompson & Adrian Beale. https://www.thedivinitycode.org/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Jeremiah 1:11-12
- Genesis 40:8
- Daniel 1:17
- John 16:13-15
Connect with Gary & Jane:
- Visit the Hearing God podcast website https://garyandjane.co
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092429006234
- Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hearinggodpodcast/
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.