Have you ever prophesied? It may be easier than you think. In this episode of ‘Hearing God’, Gary & Jane unpack the difference between prayer and prophecy and show that if you can pray, you can prophesy. Both prayer and prophecy have the same root of faith. The releasing action is prayer or prophecy. We pray and prophesy by first listening to God in our spirit to see what He’s praying for and then partnering with God to release that. As usual, Gary & Jane share practical strategies and powerful personal examples.
First Principle: If you can pray, you can prophesy.
- Prayer is a dialogue, not a one-way communication.
- The difference between prayer and prophecy.
- Both prayer and prophecy have the same root of faith. The releasing action is prayer or prophecy.
- We pray by first listening to God in our spirit to see what He’s praying.
- Jesus is always interceding on our behalf. Hebrews 7:25.
- Prophecy is co-creating with God by speaking into being the seed of what God wants to do.
Second Principle: I practice stilling my thoughts and emotions to sense God’s flow of thoughts and emotions within me.
- Habakkuk 2:1-2
- Psalm 46:10
- Position our hearts and thoughts in the affection and wonder of God.
Third Principle: Write it down. Practice.
- Habakkuk 2:2
- Write out your prayers and God’s answers.
- Does it line up with Scripture and God’s character?
- Keep it simple.
- Change the wording of your prayer to a simple prophetic statement.
Fourth Principle: Speak Life.
- Pray the outcome. Decree and declare.
- Isaiah 55:11
- We build up our authority in the spiritual realm.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God and ask Him how He sees an area of your life that concerns you.
- “Father God, what is your heart for that area?”
- “God, what would you love the outcome to be?”
- “Holy Spirit, what are you praying for me in that area?”
- “Father God, is there a Bible verse you would love to encourage me with?”
[0:37] – Gary & Jane share how they have heard God this week.
[3:05] – First Principle – if you can pray, you can prophesy.
[5:15] – The difference between prayer and prophecy.
[7:29] – Second Principle – practice stilling your thoughts and emotions.
[9:26] – Third Principle – Write it down. Practice.
[12:49] – Fourth Principle – speak life.
[13:50] – Jane gives an example of how she prays for healing.
[16:43] – We can build up our authority in the spiritual realm.
[17:14] – Jane shares a powerful testimony of speaking life over a situation.
[20:10] – Prophetic activation.
[21:15] – Gary & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[23:09] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Episode 13: https://garyandjane.co/episode-13-recognising-how-god-speaks-to-us/
- Speak Life Resource: https://www.unlockingthegold.com/product/speak-life/
- Speak Life Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209943314415693 (Speak Life: a 30-Day Journey Exploring the Power of our Words)
- Podcast Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092429006234
- Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hearinggodpodcast/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Psalm 25:14
- Psalm 100:4
- Hebrews 7:25
- Jeremiah 33:3
- Habakkuk 2:1-2
- Psalm 46:10
- Judges 4
- Isaiah 55:8-11
Connect with Gary & Jane:
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.