There is a kaleidoscope of ways we can hear and relate to God. Often, it can depend on how we are ‘wired’ or our personality. This episode of Hearing God unpacks several personality types and how each type may best hear God. How we relate to God and hear from Him may also depend on the season of life we are currently in. Join Gary & Jane as they share various methods you may find helpful in hearing from God and relating to Him.
First Principle: God made us unique and wonderful.
- Psalm 139:13-18
- Eric Liddell – “I believe God made me for a purpose – but He also made me fast. And when I run, I feel His pleasure.”
- Different learning styles – e.g. kinesthetic, auditory, visual, writing, logical, intrapersonal, interpersonal, music, etc
- Different personality types.
Second Principle – Don’t compare yourself with others.
- Galatians 6:4
- We change and grow over time.
- It’s important how we interpret and discern our experiences.
Third Principle – Find your best way of connecting with God, but don’t limit yourself to only that way.
- View it as a continuum.
- Ask yourself, “What do I do to feel close to God?”
- Often a combination of practices.
- It may depend on the season we currently find ourselves in.
- Soul Shepherding website – soulshepherding.org
- Intellectual vs experiential (thinker vs feeler).
- Structured vs spontaneous.
- Solitude vs community.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God and ask Him:
- Father God, what aspect of my personality do you like the most?
- Father God, why did you create me this way?
- Father God, what can you tell me about my (temper, procrastination, etc)?
[0:37] – Gary & Jane share briefly how they have heard God this week.
[5:02] – First Principle – God made us unique and wonderful.
[7:12] – Example of Erice Liddell
[8:56] – Second Principle – Don’t compare yourself to others.
[10:25] – Third Principle – Find your best way of connecting with God.
[12:49] – Intellectual verse experiential.
[16:43] – Structured vs spontaneous.
[20:25] – Solitude vs community.
[24:11] – Prophetic activation.
[25:12] – Gary & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[27:08] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Website: https://garyandjane.co
- Eric Lidell – Chariots of Fire movie. https://ericliddell.org/
- Gary Thomas “Sacred Pathways” https://garythomas.com/books/sacred-pathways/
- Prayer Ministry / Inner Healing through various places. Contact your local church or various ministries like Bethel Sozo, Elijah House, Ellel Ministries (https://ellel.org), Heart Revive (Portico Church – online), Restore (Stairway SASH) or Restoring the Foundations.
- If you want to become a Christian, don’t hesitate to contact a local church or find an Alpha course near you.
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Psalm 139:13-18
- Galatians 6:4
Connect with Gary & Jane:
- Visit the Hearing God podcast website https://garyandjane.co
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100092429006234
- Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/hearinggodpodcast/
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.