God desires to communicate with us. He longs to be involved in every aspect of our life and for us to be intimate with Him. Sometimes we can feel like we are not able to hear God clearly or to recognise what He is saying to us. This episode is full of practical ways we can practice hearing God. We ended up splitting this episode into two as we had so many tips for growing in our ability to hear God.
- Cultivate intimacy with God
- Focus on God.
- Be obedient to God in the little things. Eg parable of the faithful steward.
- Grow awareness of Holy Spirit promptings. John 10:27
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 we live by faith not by sight.
- Step out of comfort zone and take a risk.
- Rahab with spies in Joshua 2.
- A lifestyle of taking every opportunity.
- See a need and fill it.
- View people through supernatural eyes.
Ask God if there is someone He would love you to ring/text/message to encourage. Then contact them.
[1:02] – First Principle – cultivating intimacy with God.
[3:58] – Jane shares how she has grown an awareness of the Holy Spirit promptings.
[4:52] – Gary shares recent examples of Holy Spirit promptings.
[9:08] – Janes shares about starting the podcast.
[15:47] – Second Principle – practice.
[16:59] – Jane shares examples of taking every opportunity to step out in obedience.
[22:20] – Prophetic Activation
[23:08] – Encouraging word for you.
[24:41] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- “Ministering like Jesus: How to Grow in Healing, Deliverance and Miracles” available on Amazon or at https://unlockingthegold.com/shop/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Matthew 25:21
- Proverbs 3:5-6
- John 10:27
- Luke 5:12-15
- 1 & 2 Samuel
- 2 Samuel 5:17-24
- 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Joshua 2
- James 2:15-17
- Isaiah 40:31
- Romans 12:2
Connect with Gary & Jane:
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.