Learning to recognise God’s voice is crucial and comes through intimacy with Father God, Holy Spirit, and Jesus. This episode of Hearing God unpacks the four different voices we may hear – God’s, Satan’s, other peoples, and our own voice. We look at what each voice sounds like and give practical examples from our own lives. We unpack the ‘first thought principle’ of hearing God’s voice, conditional on if you are in a great place with God. We emphasize that we need to look at what ‘fruit’ the voice will bring. Listeners are encouraged to ask God questions.
- God’s voice
- Learn to recognise it through intimacy with God.
- God’s voice brings hope and speaks life. It’s always loving and honouring.
- May convict but never condemns. Always agrees with Scripture.
- Sounds like the fruit of the Spirit – Galatians 5:22-23
- Affirms us in our identity, relationships, and purpose.
- Brings revelations and perspective and understanding you wouldn’t have come up with yourself.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – God’s thoughts, plans and desires for us.
- Still, small voice eg Elijah fleeing from Jezebel in 1 Kings 19:11-12.
- Satan’s voice
- Steals, kills, and destroys. It brings shame and condemnation.
- It can sound accusatory and brings negative thoughts. It contradicts.
- Uses “you” language and not “I” language.
- Unsettling, manipulative, pushy, angry, controlling, brings fear and humiliation.
- Discouraging and brings hopelessness. Driven and invasive. Unrest.
- Focus off God and distorts Scripture.
- John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.”
- Other’s voices
- May be positive or negative.
- Usually the words a significant person in our life has said.
- Our own voice
- Reasons/rationalises and uses logic to assess and process information and draw conclusions.
- Easily swayed through our emotions and how feeling.
- Double minded or striving.
- Feels too familiar and can trace the thought pattern.
- Eg “I’m not sure I’m hearing correctly.”
- Important points:
- First thought principle as long as in a healthy place with God.
- Look at the fruit of the thought.
Ask God, “Jesus, if you could meet me anywhere in the Universe, where would it be and why?”
Explore it further with Jesus by asking more questions, for example:
- What do you most like about that place?
- Why did you choose that place?
[0.33] – Jane shares on the importance of intimacy with God.
[1.05] – Gary shares how God’s voice will always agree with Scripture.
[1.44] – Jeremiah 29:11
[2.17] – 1 Kings 19:11-12
[3.06] – Learning to recognise God’s voice.
[3.11] – Jane shares several examples of hearing the audible voice of God.
[5.45] – Guidelines we operate under when releasing prophetic words.
[7.22] – Gary shares what Satan’s voice sounds like.
[8.59] – John 10:10
[9.28] – Jane shares an example of feeling peace.
[11.24] – Voices of other people.
[12.16] – Gary shares on recognising when it’s our own internal voice.
[13.25] – Gary shares on the first thought principle.
[16.37] – The fruit of the thought is important.
[17.00] – Prophetic activation.
[18.00] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Prayer Ministry / Inner Healing through various places. Contact your local church or various ministries like Bethel Sozo, Elijah House, Ellel Ministries, Heart Revive (Portico Church – online), Restore (Stairway SASH) or Restoring the Foundations.
- If you would like to become a Christian, please contact a local church, or find an Alpha course near you.
- Visit Jane’s website https://unlockingthegold.com and subscribe to get your free 84- page pdf copy of ‘40 Days of gratitude’.
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Jeremiah 29:11
- 1 Kings 19:11-12
- 1 Corinthians 13:9
- John 10:10
Connect with Gary & Jane:
Support the show:
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.