Katharine Goschnick is a guest on this episode of the Hearing God Podcast. Katharine has an extensive background in ministering in the prison, schools, and the community. She shares simple but powerful examples of how she hears God and acts on what she hears, as well as how she teaches the many women she disciples to receive from God. Even Katharine’s testimony of how she became a Christian is fascinating. Listen in to Jane and Katharine’s conversation and the numerous examples of how Katharine has heard God in the various facets of her life.
- Prophetic Intercession
- Jane learnt prophetic intercession through praying for Katharine’s ministry.
- If you get a positive thought for someone, let them know.
- Graham Cooke – “The worst thing you’re going to do is to bless them in the wrong area”.
- We hear God, but we don’t always recognize it.
- If we spend time with God and we’re close to Him and at peace, trust your thoughts are from God if they align with Scripture.
- Katharine’s journey of becoming a Christian and her growth in this area.
- Lordship/control of Katharine’s life.
- Katharine prays for people wanting to become a Christian.
- Transformation in Katharine’s desire to read.
- Prophetic journalling and the S.O.A.P. method.
- Encouragement if tired or burnt out.
- Encouragement to pray from being seated in High Places with God.
- Recognize you can hear God, you do hear God, you will hear God.
Turn your heart and thoughts to Father God, reflect on where you are in hearing God, and then draw a line. Ask Father God:
- What do I need to leave behind?
- What do I need to trust you for, Father God?
- What things am I thinking/believing that are not from you, God?
- Father God, what do you want me to step into?
- Then step over the line.
[0:47] – Jane introduces Katharine Goschnick.
[1:53] – Katharine & Jane share briefly how they have heard God this week.
[8:30] – How Jane learnt prophetic intercession through praying for Katharine’s ministry.
[11:05] – Encouragement to let people know if you have a ‘positive thought’ for them.
[13:23] – Katharine’s experience of becoming a Christian.
[17:51] – Katharine prays for people who want to become a Christian.
[19:19] – Katharine shares the change in her desire for reading.
[20:50] – Anything I hear in my spirit has to line up with the Bible.
[23:37] – Prophetic journalling and the S.O.A.P. method.
[24:56] – Encouragement if you are tired or burnt out.
[28:00] – Examples of hearing God when praying in prison.
[33:36] – Katharine & Jane both share a prophetic word for a listener.
[36:10] – Katharine encourages us to pray being seated with God in the Heavenly Realms.
[38:58] – Prophetic activation.
[41:05] – Katharine prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- Colossians 1:27
- Psalm 34:8
- Exodus 5:1, 8:1, 9:1
- Matthew 4:1-11
- Deuteronomy 33:27
- Matthew 25:1-9
- Matthew 5:16
- Psalm 23:2-3
- Isaiah 61:1-3
- Proverbs 3:26
- Ephesians 2:6
- John 10:27-28
Connect with Gary & Jane:
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.