1 Corinthians 14:3 states that a prophetic word should encourage, strengthen, and comfort. But what happens if you hear/sense/see/feel something negative about someone? This episode contains practical strategies you can implement if you are prophesying and hear something negative. Attention to cleansing your life in preparation for hearing God is also covered. As usual, Gary and Jane share personal examples.
- Look at what you are focussing on.
- We become what we behold.
- What are we feeding ourselves spiritually, physically, emotionally, intellectually & relationally?
- 2 Corinthians 3:18 “And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image (or likeness) with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.” If we expose ourselves to the glory of God, we will be transformed.
- Guard your kids’ minds so they see the angelic sphere from God’s perspective, not a movie producer’s influence.
- Actions to take to ‘clear the lens’.
- It may even be that we are concentrating on the wrong things.
- Second heaven – what we can see with our spiritual eyes – and where Satan is ruling – Ephesians 2:2 “the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.” Our view might be on the second heaven.
- Look at the purpose or why God has shown you
- Is it to pray or say? Know when to keep your mouth shut.
- Ask Questions of God – why has God shown me this? What am I meant to do with it, God? If I’m to share it, how would you like me to share it, Lord?
- Can God trust me with His secrets? God is likely to show you more if He can trust you.
- We need to ask God for His timing. Is it a word for now, or do I keep it between God and me?
- Is it a negative word or our perception?
- Take a moment to ask God – how can I bring out the best in this?
- 1 Corinthians 14:3 “But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.”
- Turn it 180°
- 1 Corinthians 13:9 “For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.”
- Important points:
- God can redeem negative things.
- Prayer to close the psychic door.
Ask God, “Jesus, if I was an animal, which animal would I be and why?” Ask God further questions – the purpose of the animal, its role, how it moves, the colour, etc.
[0.46] – Importance of 1 Corinthians 14:3 – encouraging, comforting, strengthening.
[2:50] – First Principle – look at what you are focussing on.
[3:54] – Jane shares several examples from her life.
[6:25] – Gary shares practical strategies to ‘clear your lens’.
[7:53] – Jane shares about the three heavens.
[10:25] – Second Principle – Look at the purpose or why God has shown you.
[13:38] – Third Principle – Is it a negative word, or is it our perception?
[16:40] – Turn it 180°. Jane shares several examples.
[18:34] – Jane shares about the psychic door and prays for listeners.
[21:33] – Prophetic Activation.
[22.33] – Gary & Jane share a comforting word for listeners.
[24:37] – Gary shares about receiving a negative prophetic word and prays to break it.
[25:12] – Gary prays for you.
Resources / Links Mentioned:
- Arthur Burk (theslg.com) and his video teaching on the Druids and the Psychic door. https://vimeo.com/315825883
- Episode 5 – https://garyandjane.co/episode-5-what-should-a-prophetic-word-do/
Bible Verses Mentioned:
- 1 Corinthians 14:3
- 2 Corinthians 3:18
- Song of Solomon 2:15
- 2 Corinthians 12:2
- Ephesians 2:2
- John 10:10
- Ephesians 6:12
- 1 Corinthians 13:9
Connect with Gary & Jane:
Support the show:
- Share this podcast with someone who would value hearing from God.
- Subscribe and leave a rating + review on your favourite podcast listening app.
- If God is leading your heart to donate or support the show in any way, please visit https://buymeacoffee/garyandjanM Thank you so much.